Modeling the Way begins with clarifying personal values and builds and affirms shared values that everyone can embrace. This week recommit to modeling the way with these activities:
- Organization’s Values: review your organization’s core values and consider what they mean to you.
- Personal Values: what are your own values? Which ones are similar to the organization’s values?
- Story Time: Pick an organization or personal value and write down how you might share this value with others. Consider:
- Are there leaders from your career or historical figures who have modeled this value? Someone who has inspired you in the past?
- When have you relied on this core value to make a decision in your professional or personal life?
- Have you ever forgotten to model this value and experienced a painful outcome? What lessons did you take away from the experience?
- Discuss the Value: Use time in your normal communication cadence to bring up this core value or to share the story you crafted above. Consider:
- Discussing core values in one-on-one meetings
- Discussing core values at your next team meeting
- Linking moments of recognition back to one or more core values
After completing this activity, consider leaving a reflection in the LEADx app using the Coaching Plan Activity “Reflect” button.