Leaders search for opportunities to change the status quo. They look for innovative ways to improve the organization. In doing so, they experiment and take risks. Regardless of your status or title, you have the power to assess the kind of work you do and the systems you typically work within to challenge yourself to think outside the box.
This week, spend extra time trying to challenge the status quo. Consider:
- Hold a team meeting to review processes and procedures; what ideas do they have for improvements?
- Say yes to team members’ ideas in the spirit of experimentation.
- Pick a key performance indicator and challenge your team to improve the score by 10%; what ideas do they have to accomplish this?
- Conduct an “after action review” (AAR) meeting focused on a recent initiative; what went well and what can be improved upon in the future?
- Seek out new ideas: have lunch with people in different departments, read trade publications from different industries.
After completing this activity, consider leaving a reflection in the LEADx app using the Coaching Plan Activity “Reflect” button.