Strategic vision is a critical thinking process that analyzes business dynamics, creates a plan, and communicates the strategy to others.
By completing this activity and returning to it again in the future, you can make strategic vision a powerful habit.
Activities to Boost Strategic Vision
Use the list of possible activities below to help brainstorm actions you’ll take in the upcoming week.
- Research top tech trends and forecast how they might impact your organization and the industry at large.
- Complete a SWOT analysis of your organization and its competitors.
- Draw a visual map of your organization’s business model. Share it and discuss it with colleagues.
- Ask strategic future-focused questions in upcoming meetings.
- Describe and discuss your organization’s strategy with your team members.
- Ask team members to describe how their work aligns to the goals of the organization.
- Take time to imagine “black swan events”–events that are very unlikely but would have severe consequences–and how you might respond to them.
After completing this activity, consider leaving a reflection in the LEADx app using the Coaching Plan Activity “Reflect” button.