People who practice confidence and courage at work are more likely to take on tough assignments, give feedback with care but directly, and voice their opinions.
Consider these developmental activities as you flex your confidence skills so they become more of a habit.
- Have a tough conversation you’ve been putting off with a peer or team member.
- Give upward feedback appropriately to your manager.
- Volunteer to tackle a problem or project that will help the team.
- State your ideas and opinions in a meeting before you know where others stand.
- Mentally play your career highlights reel each time you begin to doubt yourself.