“Meeting efficiency” is one of the most powerful drivers of employee engagement, and unfortunately many managers neither think very carefully about them nor do they ask their team members how they can be improved.
Discuss These Topics With Your Team
- Should we hold our weekly meeting on a different day of the week? Why or why not?
- Should we hold our weekly meeting at a different time? Why?
- Should our weekly meeting be shorter or longer? Why? If shorter, how can we accomplish everything in less time?
- How can we make the weekly meeting more inclusive?
- Having webcams turned on leads to higher fidelity communication; it helps with non-verbal communication. Is a video-first culture a problem for anyone?
Consider On Your Own…
- How can you maximize interactivity? Do you call on the introverts?
- How can these meetings be growth opportunities? Should a different person lead the meeting each week?
- Do you include recognition and appreciation as a standard part of your meeting?
After completing this activity, consider leaving a reflection in the LEADx app using the Coaching Plan Activity “Reflect” button.