The Relating dimension measures your capability to relate to others in a way that brings out the best in people, groups, and organizations.
This week, focus on one or more behaviors that will increase your Relating dimension. Consider these ideas:
- To show that you care, ask team members about non-work-related problems.
- To foster teamwork, ask for your team’s input on a decision or problem you face.
- To foster collaboration, negotiate a win-win solution among competing parties; be genuinely open to diverse opinions.
- To grow and develop others through mentoring, look for things on your task list that you can delegate to others; consider individual strengths when assigning projects or critical tasks.
- To increase your interpersonal intelligence, focus on active listening techniques.
After completing this activity, consider leaving a reflection in the LEADx app using the Coaching Plan Activity “Reflect” button.